My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Starting Out Right

Since this cruise was first booked, the first thing on my agenda was to grab a couple of this line's famous Chocolate, Chocolate-Chip cookies. OK. Been there. Done that.

We left home at 9:30 and had breakfast at Henri's Cafe. Not caring much for Buffet Breakfast onboard ships, Danny was concerned about having one last breakfast before leaving. I keep reminding him that his hopes are set too high. After all, dining at sea isn't like dining in Oxnard; there are so few dogs and cats at sea.

We were on the highway to the Cruise Port by 10:15, and we pulled in at 11:30, unloaded and parked the car, then headed onboard. Reached the stateroom about noon - perfect time for checking out the buffet, and my heart's desire, those blessed cookies. There was one small problem. The cookies were next to the "Bloody Brownies", walnut brownies with hot fudge topping. I figured it would be good if I tested them before everybody else, just so I could ensure their quality, you see.

Shortly (3:30) we must go through the mandatory lifeboat drill, then we're off. Danny and I will proceed to Lido, starboard, aft for a planned 'sail away' party with several passengers we met via CruiseCritic.COM. I've already met one of them. Whilst smoking a while ago, a fellow from Florida approached me and knew my name. He recognized me from my CruiseCritic picture.

So - since things will be hopping soon, it's BYE for now. Check back every couple days to see if I've become bored enough to post some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home