My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Thursday, January 05, 2012

A Waist Aweigh

Lest anyone wonder, YES -- we're eating, before and after meals. Whether alone or together or gathered with a group, food begs our attention.

Before boarding yesterday, we noticed a lady sitting across the room. After a moment I whispered, "She looks familiar." Dan said he had been thinking the same thing. He got up and crossed the room to greet the little woman. After telling her our thoughts, she told him she was thinking the same about me. "He looks familiar," she told him, "but I can't say I remember you."
Imagine that. It must have been devastating. Poor Danny.

While settling ourselves onboard, getting luggage unpacked, drawers and shelves filled, I was a little disgusted with myself for having forgotten to pack one of my battery changers. It's to support the music player. Oh well, I thought, I can pick up a set of batteries when we reach port. That was yesterday. Today, as I sat and thought of where to have dinner, I looked over the items on one of my shelves and spied the charger.

Dan, too, is disappointed that he forgot to pack his Kindle. He had it loaded with several books that he'd hoped to read during the trip. Now, he's wondering if it would be wise to pick up some reading material in the ship's library. "I'm not sure I can remember how they work," he mused.

We have met with Dave and Iola, regulars among Princess musical entertainment staff. We've cruised with them four or five times. They actually live on one of the islands, but they spend seven or eight months under contract. It's fun when crew members recognize passengers, and they even remembered our names.

Team Trivia is still fun; two games today. Also, we met with the gang of Cruise Critic.COM people that had preacquainted at the web site. It's fun when there's finally a face one can tie to comments they've shared.

Dan's abed, and I'm thinking about it. There is that trip to the dessert line to consider, though ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny and Donn - You guys make me laugh. "A Waist Aweigh" great title for your trip! Keep us up to date. We enjoy the trip vicariously through you. Love Peggy

Jan 6, 2012, 2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home