My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Is He Risen?

Is He Risen?
As boys, my older brother was clever in devising ways to tease me to tears. One day, he came to me holding two bottles of Vernors. (Ginger Ale; look it up.) He handed one to me.

"Let's have a race to see who can drink his whole Vernors the fastest," he taunted. Knowing I would bite, he counted down: "One, Two, Three -- GO!"

I guzzled, snorted and slopped my way through the 8-ounces as fast as I could. When I was done, I found that my brother had merely held his bottle to his mouth. He drank none of it. The tease: "Ha, Ha!" he declared. "I've got a whole bottle of pop and you don't have any. Ha, Ha!"

The tears.

It's nearly midnight. Easter is approaching. I think of some parts of the World and think, 'their Easter is nearly over, and we still have the WHOLE DAY ahead of us. Oh, Joy!'

But, the tease doesn't work. He IS risen for all the World now for two thousand years. Oh, Joy for all of us, indeed.

Happy Easter to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home