My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 3: Wednesday

Tuesday was Formal Night. Blah!

When ever we dress for Formal Night, upon making new acquaintances and being asked where we live, we like to say, "just above Malibu." That avoids quizzical looks that seem to wonder: "Didn't think gentlemen from Oxnard ever dressed up." Or, "Gentlemen from Oxnard take cruises." Or, "Gentlemen? From Oxnard?"

We entered slightly warmer weather today. It was still overcast but calm winds early in the day, but, just past noon, the Captain drove us right into a very wet squall. That lasted but 15 minutes or so, then we dried out beneath resumed overcast. Perhaps tomorrow?

I watched for the afternoon deliver of fresh cookies from the galley. When they were put out, I went for my two, then poured myself some coffee and headed to a favorite, pool-side people-watching spot. As I took a seat, I learnt that my cup of coffee had made it with me. The cookies ... were history.

This evening, we joined our table mates for dinner at the appointed time. We've come to terms with them that politics is off limits, there being an even split of ideologies -- four level-headed progressives and four people of, ya know, that other persuasion. All were nonplussed, though, when Danny opened our conversation with, "I don't recall it ever taking this long to get to Cabo."

More later ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home