My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Friday, December 10, 2010

Fri., Day 3


Friday, as we promised ourselves, finds warmer air and a beautifully placid ocean. Our schedules today nearly matched yesterday's, with Danny up and at 'em early and me up in dreamland until nearly 11. Once outdoors, though, the first hints of the tropics grabbed our enthusiasm. That made it comfortable for reading in the area we call the 'back porch' (second photo). I brought one of those wonderful books that allows me to read only four or five pages, then requires several days to think over what I've read. Anyone who's interested should consider A History of God: The 4000 Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, by Karen Armstrong.

My time with my book lasted until Danny called. He had entered a Slots Tournament - a 'must see' event. Note the determined look as he battles against the clock and against the others. Unfortunately, his only prize was free entry to a bingo game and a t-shirt. Well, that's something.

Today is the first of three Formal Evenings for the dining room. It's all part of the fun, but I'm sure glad it's not every evening.

On the health issue from yesterday: the meds are doing their work, it appears. I didn't attend usual group activities during the day, but felt safe to attend Dinner with our table mates. THANKS! to those who sent warm wishes, and to my Sis, Lydia, for her remedial suggestions. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home