My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 8: Aloha, Hawaii

Today's visit to Lahaina, Maui Island, was as delightful and fun as we had hoped. Good thing, because this is the last we will see of Hawaii until December, and good times are so much easier on the memory.

Poor Danny. I shopped, and I shopped ... every jewelery store I passed. I finally found my ruby! I coddled it, I "Oooh-ed" and I "Aaaah-ed" over it, I tried it on - repeatedly - although it was too small, so I tried it over my little fingertip. With all my admiration, I made the sales lady quite nervous. In the end, I put the ring back, and I asked the lady to promise it would still be in the store at the end of the year. She quaintly offered that possibility, but could give no assurance. "B - But," was all I could sputter as Danny hauled me out the door.

We followed with a refreshing lunch before returning to the ship. During, I was able to make the best photo of Dan that I've seen in a while (above - don't you agree?).

Our ship remained at anchor for several more hours - time enough for a nap, then some scouting about to find interesting ideas to share. The second picture (above) may be one find that I've shared before, but it's a gem.

NOTE: A statistic was shared during dinner this evening: It seems that most regular cruise ship passengers report that they make love at least once during each cruise. Oh dear. The statistic is way, way ahead of me.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home