My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 5: Hilo Shopping Spree

I promised pictures we hadn't done before, and here are a few.

Hilo's Farmer's Market: only one section was open today. It's been raining and shoppers from the cruise ship are sparse. At the moment, just the two of us among locals who shop there anyway.

We noticed something that's not seen too often. The posts with crossing signal buttons include a second button, mounted low down, for use by helper dogs. Pretty forward thinking, but for one thing; non helper dogs probably pee on it, though. I can just see the poor helper dogs, opting to stand on hind legs to use the button you and I would use.

We made it to Cronies, in spite of the rain. So proud of myself, I had to hog a wonderful Swiss and Mushroom Cronies Burger. Enough grease to keep my feathers dry, then some.

We had stopped at many stores and I wasn't particularly watching  while Danny shopped around. When we got back to the ship, he pulled out one item he had bought - a traditional Hawaiian Mou Mou. I was relieved to see it wasn't my size.

Now it's time for an afternoon nap before our sail away -- off to Honolulu.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home